Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 can now be successfully updated to Android 4.3, using LiquidSmooth 2.12 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Liquid Smooth v2.12 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean AOSP, and it has a mix of features from AOKP, CyanogenMod and other popular ROMs. This mix can only result in a plenty of features that will improve your time with your phone and your Android experience. You can find a detailed list of these features on the developer’s XDA thread.
In this tutorial, we will present you with the steps you need to take in order to perform this update on your Galaxy S3. However, before getting to the actual steps, we suggest you to read the following preparation guidelines, and follow the recommendations literally.
- The info in this post is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. By default, you should not try to use this tutorial for any other device, as you may permanently damage it. Check and verify if you own the right model by going to “Settings” > “About Phone”.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked from any particular carrier and it should run a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- the easiest method to root and install CWM Recovery image on your Galaxy S3 handset can be found here.
- At a certain point during the procedure you will be required to apply a reset of your S3 to the factory settings. This will result in a loss of the data and files existent on the system partition, but it won’t affect the data and info on the device’s SD card. If you want to not loose data or files that you consider important, then create a backup of your phone’s content, by using a free backup tool such as “Titanium Pro” or “Helium”.
- Make sure you have available a proper USB cable to connect your phone to the PC, and also you must download and install the proper Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Go to the “Developer Options” section and enable the “USB Debugging” option.
- Disable any antivirus soft, in order to prevent any installation interruptions.
- Although not mandatory, we recommend you to create a Nandroid Backup for the firmware that’s currently running on your phone, so that a restore point will be created and can be accessed in case of any installation failure.
- the procedure will be explained later in this post.
- Last, make sure the battery level of your S3 is over 50%, as you want to prevent any unexpected shut downs due to the lack of power.
If you read the guidelines and you followed the recommendations, then you’re ready to continue the tutorial.
How to flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.3 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- First, download the Liquid Smooth 2.12 ROM file for Galaxy S3 I9300 from here.
- Also, get the latest Google Apps package compatible with Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Using the USB cable, plug your smartphone to the computer.
- Copy the zip files downloaded at step 1 and step 2 to the internal storage of the phone. Once the transfer is done, unplug the phone from the PC.
- Power off completely your S3 and wait for several seconds.
- Now, boot it to “Recovery Mode” by holding simultaneously the “Volume Up”, “Home” and “Power” buttons.
- At this point, create a Nandroid Backup for your current ROM.
- for CWM: select “backup and restore” and save the backup to the internal/external storage.
- for TWRP, press “backup” and select the system parts you want to save.
- Next, reset your phone to the factory settings.
- if you use CWM, select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm.
- for TWRP, press “Wipe > Factory Reset” and swipe the option from the bottom of the screen to apply the operation.
- Now, install the LiquidSmooth v2.12 custom ROM files.
- for CWM you must select “install zip from SD card> Choose zip from sdcard”, upload the “LiquidSmooth v2.12 Jelly Bean zip” and confirm the installation.
- for TWRP, you just need to press “Install”, search for the LiquidSmooth zip file and confirm the operation.
- After the installation is complete, you must repeat the previous step for Gapps zip.
- When both files have been installed, go to the Recovery menu and use the “reboot system now” option to reboot your S3 smartphone. While in progress, avoid to press any buttons, as you may jeopardise the operation.
- Enter your Google details to take full control over your device.
If you respected the steps we have just presented above, then you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 using LiquidSmooth v2.12 Jelly Bean. Congratulations! Now you can experience the mix of features provided by this custom ROM and you can take your Android experience a step ahead! Please, contact us for any issues or difficulties you may have encountered. Use the comment box below, and we’ll make any effort to get back to you!